Awen Collective Ltd. is software company which is developing next generation digital forensics software solutions. Our initial focus is manufacturing and critical infrastructure – such as energy and water. We are based in Cardiff, Wales but work across the UK and globally.
- ... intellectual property spun-out of the University of South Wales, and we maintain a close relationship with them.
- ... been through the Academic Startups Initiative (ASI) by the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), which was established thanks to financial support from UK Government as part of the National Cyber Security Strategy 2016-2021. This grant came to us through the via the University of South Wales.
- ... membership of the BusinessWales Accelerated Growth Programme (AGP).
- ... membership of a "people-accelerator" called Entrepreneurial Spark, powered by NatWest bank.
- ... membership of the 1st Cohort of IoT Accelerator of Wales by The Accelerator Network and Innovation Point, with investment from the Development Bank of Wales, Inspire Wales and White Horse Capital.
Cofounder-Director and CEO
Daniel was the entrepreneurial cofounder for the Awen Collective and is now its CEO. He has an extensive background in both academia and industry. His academic background is primarily in artificial intelligence (including data science) and secondarily in cyber-physical security & incident analysis. His professional background is in software engineering and data consultancy.
Cofounder-Director and Acting CTO
Andrew was the technical cofounder for the Awen Collective and is now its Acting CTO. He has a very extensive background in the areas of cyber-security and digital forensics. He is well known for his research, teaching and commercial work for both the public and the private sector, and has appeared as an expert both in the media and in court.
Advisors and Non-Execs
We have a very experienced Finance Director - Tom O'Brien from Verde Corporate Finance.